Indiana Passenger Rail Alliance
The major plan elements of the Midwest Regional Rail Initiative include:
- The alignment of 3,000 miles of existing rail rights-of-way to connect rural, small urban, and major metropolitan areas
- Operation of a "hub-and-spoke" passenger rail system providing service to and through Chicago to locations throughout the Midwest
- Introduction of modern train equipment operating at speeds up to 110 mph
Click here to learn the difference between forms of high speed rail and why the INHSRA endorses a 110 mph version.
- Provision of multi-modal connections to improve system access
- Improvement in reliability and on-time performance
The image below presents the current plan for the Midwest Regional Rail System as depicted by the Midwest Regional Rail Initiative (MWRRI).